The Bardon Latrobe Football Club annual general meeting (AGM) will be held on Wednesday November 10 from 6:30pm at the clubhouse, Bowman Park.
We encourage all members to attend, meet the current committee members and hear of progress and future plans for the club.
All positions are vacated and nominations and appointments are then made. All members have the right to contest any position or nominate as a general member of the committee.
Please contact club secretary Karen Dickson with nominations or questions. Below are two relevant pieces of information from our constitution which is available in full here.
5.1 Life Members
(1) A person is qualified to be a life member of the association:
(a) who has rendered outstanding loyal and devoted service to the Club; and
(b) whose active association with the Club extends over a period of not less than five (5) years;
(c) who has been nominated for life membership as provided for by clause 4.2.2; and
(d) who has been approved for life membership by three-fourths of the Members present and entitled to vote at an Annual General Meeting.
(2) A nomination of a person for life membership of the Club must be made in writing by at least five (5) ordinary members of the Club and must be delivered to the Secretary at least fourteen (14) days prior to the date of the Annual General Meeting.
(3) The Secretary must refer the nomination to the Annual General Meeting which is to
determine whether to approve or reject the nomination and the duly nominated Member shall be elected to life membership upon the affirmative vote of not less than three fourths of the Members present and entitled to vote at an Annual General Meeting.
19 Electing the management committee
(1) A Member of the management committee may only be elected as follows—
(a) any 2 Members of the association may nominate another Member (the candidate) to serve as a Member of the management committee;
(b) the nomination must be—
(i) in writing; and
(ii) signed by the candidate and the Members who nominated him or her; and
(iii) given to the secretary at least 14 days before the annual general meeting at which the election is to be held;
(c) each Member of the association present and eligible to vote at the annual general meeting may vote for 1 candidate for each vacant position on the management committee;
(d) if, at the start of the meeting, there are not enough candidates nominated, nominations may be taken from the floor of the meeting.
(2) A person may be a candidate only if the person—
(a) is an adult; and
(b) is not ineligible to be elected as a Member under section 61A of the Act.
(3) A list of the candidates names in alphabetical order, with the names of the Members who nominated each candidate, must be posted in a conspicuous place in the office or usual place of meeting of the association for at least 7 days immediately preceding the annual general meeting.
(4) If required by the management committee, balloting lists must be prepared containing the names of the candidates in alphabetical order.
(5) The management committee must ensure that, before a candidate is elected as a Member of the management committee, the candidate is advised—
(a) whether or not the association has public liability insurance; and
(b) if the association has public liability insurance—the amount of the insurance.